Freelance translator, over 15 years in business.
- Native speaker
- Certified translator
- Master’s Degree in Translation
- Education: Linguistics University of N. Novgorod
- Over 15 years in business
- I always meet deadlines
- Expert in tourism, construction, and technical fields
- 4,000,000 words translated/edited
I completed a 5-year translation course in the Linguistics University of Nizhny Novgorod (1996-2001). Founded in 1917, it is one of the leading Russian institutes where students are trained to become professional translators and interpreters. The University is officially accredited and recognized by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
Initially specializing in technical translations I expanded into hospitality and tourism fields. I have translated:
- over 2,000,000 words for booking.com;
- 2,000,000 words of technical documents.
I use Computer-Assisted Translation tools
- Improved Quality Assurance – automated QA process
- Double-checking – spell and grammar checkers are built into CAT tools to get rid of mistakes, omissions, typos etc
- Consistency – the program keeps databases and looks for identical or similar sentences throughout a project
- Reduced cost/turnaround time – similar text fragments take less time to translate at a discounted rate
List of tools that I use:
- Optical character recognition (OCR) application: ABBYY FineReader, Solid Converter PDF
- Quality assurance tools for professional translators: Verifika, Xbench
- Managing PDF files: Adobe Reader, Foxit Advanced PDF Editor
- Graphics editor: Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point
- CAT-tools: MemoQ, Trados 2011, Memsource
- Text to speech: Balabolka
Visit my profile at www.proz.com - the largest international community of translators.
I am always happy to work with new agencies and direct clients. Do not hesitate to contact me by Skype, phone or e-mail at any time.