FREELANCE TRANSLATOR, OVER 15 YEARS IN BUSINESS
• Native Russian
• Certified translator
• MA in Translation
• Over 15 years in business
• I always meet deadlines
I completed a 5-year translation course in the Linguistics University of Nizhny Novgorod (1996-2001). Founded in 1917, it is one of the leading Russian institutes where students are trained to become professional translators and interpreters.
The University is officially accredited and recognized by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
Initially specializing in technical translations I expanded into hospitality and tourism fields. I have translated:
- 2,000,000 words for a travel fare aggregator website;
- 2,000,000 words of technical documents.
I USE MODERN COMPUTER-ASSISTED TRANSLATION TOOLS
Why is it important:
- Improved Quality Assurance – automated QA process
- Double-checking – spell & grammar checkers are built into CAT tools to get rid of mistakes and typos
- Consistency – the program looks for identical sentences throughout a project
- Reduced cost/turnaround time – similar text fragments take less time to translate at a discounted rate
OVERALL LIST OF TOOLS
- Optical character recognition: ABBYY FineReader, Solid Converter
- Quality assurance tools for translators: Verifika, Xbench
- Managing PDF files: Adobe Reader, Foxit Advanced PDF Editor
- Graphics editor: Adobe Photoshop
- MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- CAT-tools: MemoQ, Trados 2011, Memsource
- Text to speech: Balabolka
Visit my profile at www.proz.com -
the largest international community of translators.
I am always happy to work with new agencies and direct clients.
Do not hesitate to contact me by Skype, phone or e-mail at any time.